Anisha and her Dad.

                                        "I can't remember if I told you this...


I was talking to someone about the random good deeds people do.

So I told this person, that some people pay extra toll $$ just to cover the person behind them. It makes the person paid for feel good and touched by whatever they believe in,  and it makes the person who paid, feel even better. 

I also told him how I read somewhere that some guy went to a coffee shop, handed the cashier a $100 bill and told the cashier to cover everyone else's coffee with the change until it runs outs.

After we talked about these two good deeds, he said, 'wow, no one has ever done that for me.'

I talked to my dad about that kind of response, bc it was really disappointing, and we talked about how there are two kinds of people in this world, someone who would be inspired by those stories to go about their way and cover the neopotalian milkshakes for the car behind them at in n out drive thru.  OR the kind of person that wonders why their coffee/toll hasn't ever been covered. I really think that someone who has the latter mentality won't really experience sincere happiness until they start thinking differently. Not saying that I think I have it figured out or something."



No comments: