"I think in the really lucky ones cases....it is both. I shoot a lot of weddings and engagements and I see a lot of people "in love" I feel like I'm a pretty good judge of relationships. Lots of time they are doing it because they really want to accomplish the "goal" of marriage and someone fits the bill. They'll get married...have kids.....probably have a great marriage and grow to really love each other, because of their accomplishments together. There's another kind of love where that person is it. They are your best friend (And not your best friend because you spent most of your freshmen year on their couch with them) but because you really couldn't see yourself doing anything else without them being a part of it. If something happens...THEY are the one you want to share it with. That along with a great spark.....I dunno...I think it's more than just "working" Meet Joe Black: Anthony Hopkins (William Parrish (talking to his daughter) has a great quote:
"I want you to get swept away, sing with rapture, dance like a dervish.
It's a cornball thing. Love is passion, obsession... something you can't live without.
I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy, that will love you the same way back. How do you find them, well...you forget your head and listen to your heart."
Yeah, it's tough. Because sometimes we say we have to listen to our heads. I had the opportunity to do that. I dated a girl in NYC but listening to my heart....it wasn't worth it. There was no deep abiding.."no. I have to be with this person". But when your heart is saying yes. Yes. YES. but it doesn't make sense? I think that's when it's worth it.
Because it will make sense later. Or you'll do what it takes to make it make sense.
If that hasn't happened in a long time we forget about it.
But it doesn't mean that it still can't happen." -KO


No comments:
Post a Comment